Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday

For being the first day back from Spring Break, today went as well as it possibly could have.  I had my hair straightened and was wearing a cute new outfit, so it was pretty fabulous.  To top it off, Brad Paisley's new album, Wheelhouse, finally came out and I love every aspect of it.  From the first time I heard Southern Comfort Zone, I knew this album was going to be a good one.  Needless to say, my predictions were spot on.  The weather was absolute perfection (82 and sunny), so I took advantage of the opportunity to do my homework on the porch and enjoyed some country music and lemonade to keep me motivated.  I felt really in-touch and focused and am really confident about all of my work!

As far as yesterday's painting goes, it's coming along really well.  It may not be Pinterest perfect, but for my first one ever, I'm really proud.  I started with a grid to get the lines right for the chevron, then erased the excess and painted it in.  I'm still not sure what I want to do with it or whether or not I want to put in a quote.  I have plenty of paint and two other canvases, so I have lots of room for creativity!  I have to say though, it's a lot more time consuming than I anticipated.  Here's what I have so far:


I'm aware that it's not as smooth or clean as it should be, but I'm sure the finished product won't disappoint.  I really enjoyed painting it and can't wait to see what else will come out of the project!

Now that the first day back is over, it's time to enjoy the rest of the week, which should go relatively fast.  Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather (and outfits) and is ready for a fabulous week ☀

No comments:

Post a Comment