Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday

Happy Sunday, y'all!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is ready to get back in the academic mindset.  I've had a great Spring Break so far, and it isn't over yet!  Tomorrow is my last day of freedom, and I plan to spend it painting a canvas to hang in my bedroom!  I'm finally getting to redo it, and I've decided on a color scheme of pink, green, and white.  I saw lots of cute canvas paintings to do on Pinterest and have drawn a few on paper, so I'm really, really excited to finally get to do one for real.  I'm not positive what I'm going to do yet, but I really like the Lilly Pulitzer quote "It's always summer somewhere" and it would match the color scheme really well.  Another one I've seen a lot of on Pinterest and really like is the pink and white chevron background with Hebrews 6:19 (Hope is the anchor of the soul...) and an anchor on it.  The anchor's supposed to be navy, but who knows, maybe I can pull off a green.  There's also the classic monogram painting, but I'm not really sure I can pull off the fancy intertwined letters, so I'll probably stick with a quote.  Either way, I'll be sure to share a picture!

If you're not already aware, I'm in JROTC (I'm know the typical cadet; I'm aware, but I've learned so much and made a lot of new friends and actually really like it!) and have the Military Ball coming up May 3.  To say I'm excited would be an understatement, but finding the perfect dress is proving to be more challenging that I thought!  I've searched for over a month in 3 different states (North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia), but am still yet to find that one, perfect dress.  Shopping for formal dresses is really hard for me, because anything in the Juniors department that's fancy enough isn't quite my style.  I'm not a huge fan of short or strapless dresses, and I don't want to wear a long dress or a mullet dress (I'm really not sure what's going on with these; everyone seems to be on board with it but I think it's really just pointless to wear something short in the front and floor length in the back).  This pretty much eliminates all but three or four dresses in most stores' selections, and the remaining ones still don't meet my standards.  Maybe I'm just being a diva about it, but I really, really want to look fabulous and don't want to settle for anything less than perfect.  Unfortunately, I'm running out of options.  I've searched every mall, department store, and formal wear store in Upstate South Carolina and still haven't found the one.  I purchased a dress that would be acceptable to wear, just in case I didn't find anything else, but I'm really  not sure that it's formal enough and would hate to feel underdressed.  I've seen lots of cute dresses online, but I don't want to order something without trying it on just in case it doesn't fit right.  That being said, I'm struggling.  If you have any suggestions for places to shop or solutions to the problem, please let me know, because time and options are running out!

Oh, and before I forget, don't forget to check out the new Fabulous Friday (It's Sunday, I'm aware), Colored/Chino Shorts!  Thanks y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment