Sunday, December 14, 2014

Exam Week Essentials

Hey y'all!  With Christmas right around the corner and my reading list filled with fun holiday gift guides and Christmas essentials posts, I feel a little out of place as a blogger to not be taking advantage of these great post opportunities.  Tomorrow starts the dreaded Exam Week for me, and I'm about as spirited as the Grinch right now.  But hey, Christmas Break is the glowing light at the end of the tunnel, and with these must-haves, I know I can survive!


Plan It Out
My love for my Lilly agenda, thorough planning, and optimal organization are as much a part of my personality as is my love for coffee and monograms.  I couldn't survive the school year without my agenda, but during Exam Week I don't go anywhere without it.  I use the weekly and monthly spreads to keep up with dates and criteria.

Set the Mood
I think one of the biggest keys to successful studying is a good environment.  I love low lighting complimented with white lights (I just hung a set in my room about a month ago), and the perfect candle is a must-have for any study session.  I'm obsessing over Bath and Body's Fresh Balsam, and my mom and I have already been through two this season.  Finally, I've had Taylor Swift's 1989 has been on repeat since it came out and plan to use it as motivation as I study this week.  Lately though, I've found myself listening to my 2cello's Pandora Station frequently during study sessions.  I love the instrumental versions of all my favorite songs and I really feel focused when I'm listening to this station.

Study Time
If you've been reading for a while, you're probably pretty familiar with my study essentials by now.  I'm a huge color coder, so Post-Its, highlighters, colored pens, sticky flags, and index cards are a must have.  I'm also pretty big on flash cards and will probably go through about three packs this week.

(Re)Energize!
I'm a lover of coffee for all occasions, but during Exam Week it becomes vital.  I'm loving the Starbucks Veranda Blend K-Cups right now, and they taste especially great with a festive creamer.  I love Peppermint Mocha from Coffee Mate, but Frosted Sugar Cookie is definitely my pick from International Delight.

You're Not Alone
During Exam Week, it's super easy to get lost in all the anxiety and stress.  Remember, you have an amazing and gracious God marching with you always.  I'm so blessed, because the biggest source of anxiety in my life right now is a free education that challenges me to be my best.  I'm going to be going back to these constantly this week, because sometimes I need a little reminder that in the end, I'm not defined by my grades, just the effort that I put into earning them and that He is with me always.



Best of luck to everyone taking exams this week!  Remember, Christmas Break is almost upon us.  Let's finish strong.  Good luck y'all!

What are your exam week essentials?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment