Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cold Weather Essentials

Hi y'all! It's hard to believe that tomorrow morning, we'll be flipping the page to a new month in our Lilly agendas and brewing the first cup of December coffee {And even harder to believe that my last post was welcoming November... oops!}.  The most wonderful time of the year has arrived!  White lights glow, Christmas tree scented candles burn, families gather, fireplaces crackle... and before we know it, it's Christmas!  There are so many fabulous things to celebrate about December, but one of my favorites is the way the weather cools down.  Here are my essentials for sweater weather.


Riding boots and socks: It's a know fact between my group of friends and I that as soon as November hits, it's riding boot season.  Being about a month in, Black Friday was the perfect time to assess and refresh my collection.  I'm a huge fan of riding boots and have about five pair, but the light brown color pictured above and taupe and my two favorites.  I wear them constantly during the cold weather months, and the addition of cute socks are the icing on the cake for the perfect look.

{Do I even need to elaborate on the fleece-lined leggings?  I'm pretty sure everyone has a shared love for these, am I right?}

Chestnut Praline Latte: Starbucks has done it again.  Last December, I drank strictly Skinny Peppermint Mochas.  These are still one of my favorites, but even since the Chestnut Praline Latte hit stores earlier this month, I've been drinking them like mad.  Nothing warms the soul like a latte on a cold day... literally!

Knit Scarves: Lately I've been loving knit scarves.  They go perfectly  with cardigans and riding boots and are so warm and cozy on even the coldest of mornings.

Fleece Vests: It seems like everywhere I look, someone is wearing a fleece vest, and this definitely isn't a complaint.  These are the perfect edition to anything from button down shirts to spirit jerseys {again...  need I even elaborate?} and are perfect for dressing in layers, which is super necessary in South Carolina as the mornings can be freezing only to turn into warm and sunny afternoons.

EOS: Finally, I couldn't live without my EOS lip balm in the cold weather.  My lips get so easily chapped during the winter and the EOS sweet mint is my absolute favorite.  I put it on under my lip gloss each morning and it keeps my lips soft and moisturized all day.

What are some of your cold weather essentials?  Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I need to get a good knit scarf, do you know where I can get that one? I will definitely have to try that latte next time I go to Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah! I have 3 and they are all from Old Navy. Hope this helps :)

      Delete