Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Charleston Day One

Hey y'all!  One of the best parts about living in South Carolina is that in one day, you can go from the mountains to the lake to the beach.  Being from the Upstate, I've spent quite a bit of time around the Blue Ridge mountains and on lakes Keowee and Hartwell, so I'm excited to get to explore the coast as I visit Charleston!  Today was very well spent with visits to Waterfront Park and the Battery and walks in the beautiful downtown.

There are palm trees everywhere and they're absolutely beautiful!

It was incredible to stand in their shade and look out at the water.  So relaxing!

The beach {or at least what I saw of it today} was fabulous!  Can't wait to spend a little more time there tomorrow.

Everywhere I looked, the scenery was unreal.  Everything looks picture perfect!

There are beautiful American flags and historical landmarks everywhere here.  Such a great touch to an already perfect city.

More palm trees, because who doesn't love them?

 And another waterfront photo!  Oh, and check it out!  I'm repping High Tide Clothing Company with the adorable Washington Frocket!

Even the Starbucks was perfect!  A Valencia Orange Refresher as I walked through downtown was a much-needed and tasty treat!

I'm so thankful to have spent the day in the beautiful city of Charleston and can't wait to experience Folly Beach and tour College of Charleston tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: