Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sundays and Summer Shades

Hey y'all!  Today was the perfect day.  Not only did we get an opportunity to celebrate my amazing mom, but I got to spend a little time at my favorite place on earth: Lake Keowee.  I loved sitting in the shade and watching the boats pass by, daydreaming about the upcoming summer.  

A few of my lake day essentials! 
Sometimes, I'm patriotic.  And by sometimes, I mean all the time.
I'm so blessed to have grown up next to Lake Keowee.  It's truly one of the most beautiful places on Earth! 
It was the perfect day to enjoy a piña colada slushie and enjoy the sunshine!  I look forward to many more days at the water this summer and hope that y'all enjoyed the day as much as I did!

Oh, and since it's Mother's Day, I can't help but share a little about how much my mom means to me.  The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that she's right about everything.  From her first introducing me to coffee {still trying to figure out whether that's a good or bad thing} to sharing my love of white shirts paired with colored cardigans, my mom and I truly are two peas in a pod.  She's taught me so much about myself that I probably would have never figured out, and I know she will support me through whatever I do.  She is so giving and does so much for me.  I can only hope that I'll be as great as a mom as she is one day!

Happy Sunday y'all!  Enjoy it with your moms!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Late Mothers day! And I love love love Keowee!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    http://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete