Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Three Little Letters

Monograms are everywhere.  Living in South Carolina, it's almost impossible to go anywhere without seeing something monogrammed.  And honestly, I'm probably one of the biggest contributors to the sensation.  From my running shorts to my bedroom wall, I have my monogrammed stamped on literally everything I own.

That being said, I'm constantly being asked why my "initials" are on everything.  While I usually answer with something simple or witty like "because I love monograms" or "so nobody can steal my stuff", the real reason is so much more than that.

When you get something monogrammed, nobody else has the exact same thing.  It is a way of making something completely original, completely yours.  It's so much more than your initials.  It's a symbol of confidence, pride in who you are.  Those three little letters represent more than a name, they represent a personality.  The monogram is an elegant way to make your mark.


Yes, it is a little absurd to have my monogram on my highlighters, pillows, and flash drive.  And I wouldn't blame you if you said I was crazy for having monogram stickers on my toenails or sunglasses.  But, at the end of the day, my monogram is who I am; and there's never too many ways to express myself.

"If it's not moving, monogram it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment