Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All Summer Long

"I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer" ☀

It's official y'all, it's finally summer.  Walking out of the doors of school for the last time this year felt phenomenal.  Although I may have left my textbooks and work there, there is an endless list of all the fabulous components of my sophomore year that I will carry with me through the future.  All the friends I've made, everything I've accomplished, and everything I thought I'd never try or say I did will all remain with me as unforgettable memories.  I've learned so, so much this year and truly could not have asked for a better school year or people to spend it with.

That being said, hello summer!  I am so beyond ready for these next three months.  I can't wait to spend some time in the sun wearing my sunglasses, bathing suit, and flip flops.  Summer is finally here, and I can't wait to dive in.  I can't put into words how ready I am for Coppertone sunscreen, pool days, and nights with my friends! I'm ready for time on the lake, camping over the 4th, and citronella candles.  I'm ready for campfires and s'mores and sleeping outside.  I'm ready for 3 Spoons on Tuesdays and slushies from Palms.  I'm ready for Sunday mornings in sundresses and Saturday nights on the lake.  I'm ready to squeeze into that same life jacket I've had since like fifth grade and splash into Keowee.

Y'all probably think all I ever talk about is going to the lake, but I really can't describe how much I love it.  There's no feeling like having the wind in your hair and the gentle splash of the wake on your arms.  There's even certain songs that whenever I hear them, I can feel myself cruising into a cove and headed to a dock that I'm not supposed to be jumping off of, sipping a cold Capri sun.  Call it what you will, but the water is truly one of my very favorite places to be.

Then, there's Jeep rides.  I have to admit, whenever my dad takes me anywhere over the summer, I always hope he decides to take the Jeep.  Riding without windows or doors is one of the only times when I truly don't care if my hair is getting messed up or if my clothes are getting wrinkled.  I especially love when he goes faster than necessary or decides to invite Carley along.

All in all, there's no telling what this summer is going to bring.  Every summer is an unwritten story, waiting anxiously to be told.  I do, however, know that with my family and friends and the beautiful Carolina weather, I'm guaranteed an amazing summer vacation.  I've been raised in a way that makes me think of certain things when I think of summer, and I'm so incredibly blessed to say that these things, in a way, define who I am.  Camping, boating, jeeping, grilling... all the aspects of the perfect Bergey summer, are traditions that I will carry with me forever.  I'll always cherish the summer memories with my family rooted deep within me, and I can't wait to make some more in the months to come!

Happy summer y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment