Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!  I hope everyone's was as fabulous as mine.  I enjoyed eating my body weight in watermelon and finally got to enjoy the lake for the first time this season.  I didn't stay for very long because it wasn't quite warm enough to really enjoy, but it felt so good to finally take the first jump in.

It's been said that Memorial Day is the start of lake season, and I can't wait to spend more time on the water this summer. I've always loved being out on the lake with my family.  When you have a beautiful South Carolina Saturday night, the perfect soundtrack, and the Bergey family, it's impossible not to let the good times roll.  I love watching the sun set over the lake while being wrapped up in a beach towel.  As soon as my feet left the dock and I fell into the water, all I could think about was being out there on the perfect July Saturday night.  Summer is so close I can almost feel it, and today's trip to the lake was the perfect reminder of the fabulous things to come.

All in all, this weekend was great.  From eating hamburgers and hot dogs on the porch for dinner to enjoying a ride on some back roads with the windows down with my dad, I couldn't have asked for a better long weekend.  I'm ready to tackle the short time left at school and let my summer break begin! ☀

No comments:

Post a Comment