Thursday, January 10, 2013

Days Go By

Days like these, you want to make them last.  Great people, good times, and lots of laughter.  As many times as I've said I'm ready to graduate and leave high school, I wouldn't trade these days for anything.  Even though I've left school upset and frustrated so many times, weeks like this are worth it all.  There's so much more to school than the academic part of it, and that's the thing I've always failed to realize.  The people, as crazy as some of them seem, never fail to make my day.  The teachers, as much stress as they cause me, have made me laugh too many times to count.  The rules, as pointless as some of them seem, are necessary in order to be entertained by people breaking them.  Someday, I'm going to miss this.

These years aren't going to be here forever.  Before we know it, it'll be our turns to walk the stage at graduation.  One quick summer later, we'll be out in the real world.  Some of the people that made these four years the best time of our lives will be far away, and a new chapter in life will start.  Even though a fresh start seems exciting, I'm not ready for these years to be over.

Second semester of my sophomore year has already started.  Time is flying by too fast.  I'm done complaining, I'm done being too afraid to fly, and I'm done taking things for granted.  This is my time.  This is my moment.  These are my memories waiting to be made.  All I have to do is reach out in front of me and grab them.

No comments:

Post a Comment