Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday

There's nothing better than finally seeing all your hard work pay off.  Today was super rewarding, productive, and fun.  I woke up early and spent the majority of the morning taking care of some much-needed online updating.  After that, my best friend and I went to volunteer for Helping Hands, an organization that provides Christmas gifts for less fortunate children in our area.  It was so humbling to see the way their faces lit up when they received their presents, even though they weren't expensive or fancy.  It definitely made me think about how truly blessed I am and reinforced the fact that I should never be ungrateful or take anything for granted.  After the party, we stopped for frozen yogurt, which was delicious.  

The rest of the evening was spent doing Chemistry.  Believe it or not, I actually applied myself for seven straight hours with minimal distractions.  I've been working overtime trying to get caught up and understand the curriculum, and although I'm not 100% confident, I can honestly say that I've made so much progress in the last three days.  I've really focused in class and paid attention to detail, and found myself being able to complete the assignments without referencing the guide sheets frequently.  I have two tests to take on Tuesday, and I'm really hoping that I can do well on them.  I've never been that great at math or science, but with a lot of practice and a little confidence, anything is possible.

Tomorrow is going to be busy as well.  I've always had a problem with procrastination, and confronting it hasn't been easy.  I always get my major projects turned in on time and usually receive a perfect score, but for some reason I just can't seem to find the motivation to start something before the very last minute.  Of course, my Human Geography project is no exception.  The next two weeks are going to be crucial, and I'm going to need to master time management and eliminate distractions.  All that's keeping me going is the fact that when it's all over, I'll be able to enjoy a stress free Christmas break with my friends and family.

Hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend and can't wait to start a fresh new week Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment