Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's The Most Beautiful Time of the Year...

Every year, people make a big deal about whether or not it's too early to start playing Christmas music.  While I usually try to wait until after Thanksgiving, all the local radio stations have already started and I just couldn't resist.  I added a Taylor Swift Holiday station to my Pandora over the weekend, and I've pretty much had it playing nonstop since. I added the holiday versions of Mariah Carey, Justin Bieber, Michael Buble, Coldplay, Colbie Caillat, TobyMac, Kelly Clarkson, and Glee to the mix, and the combination is just too good.  Between hearing the in all the stores and on the radio, I'm honestly so ready for Christmas it's not even funny. 

Besides the music, other Christmas stuff seems to be all over the place, too.  My Twitter timeline and Tumblr dashboard are full or Christmas tweets and posts, every store in the mall has all the Christmas merchandise out, and my town just finished putting up it's Christmas decorations.  My mind is full of thoughts of hot chocolate, bright Christmas lights, crisp snow (even though it never snows on Christmas), lit up Christmas trees, Pillsbury cookies, trips back to Pennsylvania, egg nog, cheese balls, perfectly wrapped presents, the smell of the Christmas tree farm, the feeling of waking up on Christmas morning, and the overall joy and happiness of the season.  

I guess that's why I enjoy the music so much.  Not because it makes me think Christmas is coming quicker, or not because everyone else is listening to it.  I love it because it makes me think of everything Christmas.  I love everything about this holiday, and I simply can't wait for the season to officially start.  Until then, I still have Thanksgiving to look forward too, and that's plenty to be happy about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment