Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why I Love Sperrys

Hey y'all!  I get it, Sperrys are traditionally a boating shoe.  They were invented by a sailor from Connecticut and are meant to be worn for sailing.  Even though I've never worn my Sperrys to the lake and have never set foot on a sailboat, I wear them daily and love them nonetheless.

One of the reasons I love my Sperrys is because they're so versatile.  I can literally wear them with anything, for anything.  Pretty much every other pair of shoes I own is seasonal; I'll wear them for a few months then put them away for the rest of the year.  Sperrys, however, can be worn year round.  I love wearing them when I'm walking on the dock, because it just feels right.  I love wearing them to church on Sundays and to school throughout the week.  I love wearing them in the fall and in the spring, and every single day throughout the summer.  And I can, because they're perfect for every occasion.

I got my first pair of Sperrys in fifth grade.  Another reason why I love them so much is because they look better worn in than they do brand new.  We all know the feeling of getting a brand new pair of shoes; they look spotless and feel amazing on our feet.  As time goes on, however, they start to look old and feel less and less comfortable.  Sperry aren't like that.  The more you wear them, the more comfortable they get.  They start to develop little curves to fit your feet perfectly.  If you've ever tried to wear anyone else's Sperrys, you know what I mean.  It just doesn't feel right.

Sperrys are so classic.  They've been around for such a long time and will continue to be.  They complement so many of my favorite environments, like the front porch, the dock, and church on Sunday morning.  They're perfect.

So yes, I love my Sperrys.  No matter how many times they come untied during the day (about thirty), they will always be my favorite pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment