Thursday, February 6, 2014

Why I Love Pearls

Hey y'all!  For as long as I've been blogging, I've always said that "no outfit is complete without a string of pearls."  On the rare occasion that I do an outfit post, and even when I just post pictures of myself doing anything, it's almost always guaranteed that I'm proudly wearing a string of pearls around my neck, or at least baby pearls in my ears.  I've said countless times that "pearls always match the monogram" and love the way they can bring an outfit together.  But why do I like them so much?  Here's a few reasons!

First of all, I love pearls because they will literally match everything.  I can wear them with anything from a frocket and jeans to a cardigan and boots to a dress on Sunday morning.  They look just as great with printed tops and colored shorts in the spring and summer as they do with button up shirts and sweaters in the fall and winter.  This is great because instead of having lots of jewelry and trying to pair the perfect necklace with a new outfit, I can rely on my pearls to pull it all together perfectly.

I also love them because they're so classic.  One of the first pearl necklaces I got came from my grandma and I love wearing it for special occasions.  So many things come and go in the world of fashion, but pearls have been, and will continue to be, around for such a long time.  No matter how the outfits I wear them with will evolve as styles change, my pearls won't be going anywhere.  They'll compliment my latest favorite dress or outfit just as well as they did my gram's, and there's no doubt in my mind that my future daughter will be pairing them with whatever she wears, too.

Finally, I love pearls because they make a statement.  They represent gracefulness, classiness, and timelessness.  Whenever I wear them, I really feel like I'm showing the world that these are all characteristics I'm striving to live up to, and that's one of my favorite things about them.  They're not flashy or super expensive, but I think the statement they make is so much more than jewelry that is.  My pearls are a part of who I am, and there's no better way to express it than with my favorite accessory!

Proudly wearing my Gram's pearls for her two-year anniversary last week.  I hope I'm making her proud!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. Its totally on point!!! Its hard not to love your pearls!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    http://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete