Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday

Is anyone else a little terrified that the start of March is less than a week away?  I'm super ready for spring and warm weather, but I can't believe how fast February flew by!  March is one of my favorite months of the year, for several reasons.  First of all, spring starts in March.  I love to see the flowers bloom, the temperature rise, and the sundresses come out.  If it can't be summer, spring is the next best thing!  Secondly, my birthday is March 11, so I always get super excited for the first half of the month.  I'm going to be sixteen this year (crazy, I know), and I can't wait to take the day off school and go shopping like I always do.  Thirdly, March means that we're only one month away from Spring Break.  It's April 1-5 this year, and I can't wait!

Driving past the lake today made me want summer more than anything.  There's this one highway in my town, on the way to the campground, that is the perfect lakeside drive.  For about three miles, it's all open lake, right beside the road.  The best part is, it's the exact part of the lake that I've spent so many Saturday nights cruising on.  I live for boating around, blaring my parents' old music, and jumping into the lake on the perfect summer night.  Watching the sunset sink down over Keowee is the perfect way to spend the evening, and things get official when it's time to put the light up on the back of the boat.  I've made so many fabulous memories with my family on Lake Keowee, and I can't wait to let the good times roll again this summer.

Hope everyone is enjoying this weekend and has a blessed Sunday tomorrow!  The forecast looks beautiful, so go outside and soak up the sunshine ☀

No comments:

Post a Comment