Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday

With exams over and a fresh new semester underway, things are really starting to look up.  The days are getting longer and the countdown to spring break is on, even if it is eighty two days away.  Now that Christmas is over, I'm ready for shorts and sundresses, flip flops and sunglasses.  I'm ready for those mornings in the sun, days at the lake, and nights by the fire.  I know it's only January, but I can't wait for warm weather.  Unfortunately, it's not going to get here for a while.

Even though my Christmas break was fabulous, it's so nice to be home and back in a normal routine.  As much as I hate school, I love being up early and feeling productive during the day.  Lazy days are good every once in awhile, but I can only handle so many at a time. 

Now that I'm back to full weeks of school, Friday seems so far away.  This weekend is going to be great, but it's hard to believe there's still four days standing between me and Friday afternoon.  There's no feeling like leaving school for the weekend, but getting through the week is going to be treacherous.

While I'm on the topic of academics, I'd like to officially document today as the first time I haven't completely procrastinated a major assignment.  I have an essay due tomorrow, and I managed to finish it before nine o'clock tonight.  If this isn't progress, I don't know what is.  As  much as I'd like this to become routine, it's not very likely.

Well y'all, 5:30 tomorrow morning is going to get here before I know it.  Wish me luck this week.  I need a vacation ☀

No comments:

Post a Comment