Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fearless


A few things came to my mind after reading this.  Naturally, I started listing things that I've always dreamed of doing, but have never had the courage to actually attempt.  Nothing outrageous, just a few things that I'd definitely do if I knew I couldn't fail.  I thought I'd leave it at that; an intriguing question and a list of answers.  Seemed like a pretty comprehensive thought.  But then, I realized that the meaning behind this was so much more than that.  It wasn't meant to make me think of the things I'm too afraid to do, it was meant to make me think about why I was too afraid to do them.  

I've always loved the concept of YOLO, living forever young, and making the most of every moment.  For the most part, I think I do a pretty good job of living up the fact that I'm not going to be here forever.  I've taken my fair share of chances and have done some pretty unbelievable things, but what good are they if I'm too afraid to try something new?  Fear is the only thing stopping me from doing these things that I've always wanted to, but why?  Honestly, I don't have an answer.

Fear is inevitable.  It's a part of being human and a part of life.  But, in order to make the most of that life, we have to overcome it.  Ignore everything telling you that you can't, and just believe with every fiber of your being that anything is possible.  It's a lot easier said than done, I know, but, in order to live life to it's absolute maximum potential, we have to live fearlessly.  Don't think about failure, because it's not an option.  Don't let fear of messing up keep you from taking the chance, and don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't.

It's not easy to try new things, take risks, or leave fear behind.  And it's definitely not easy to believe that you can do anything.  But don't sell yourself out.  You are capable of so much more that you think, and it's never as bad as it seems.  While it's impossible to not have any fear at all, it's always impossible to overcome it.

"To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear.  It's not being completely unafraid.  To me, Fearless is having fears.  Fearless is having doubts.  Lots of them.  To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death." - Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment