Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Seventy five hours from now, I will finally be at peace.  Sitting around a campfire with my family, eating s'mores, and embracing the beautiful fall weather.  I haven't been camping in over a year, and I'm so ready to finally spend some time with nature.  Yes, I've had lots of campfires this summer, but it's just not the same when you're in your backyard.  In an actual campground, life is better.  Strings of camper lights illuminate the night, and the atmosphere smells like campfire smoke.  You can hear the crickets and see the moon's reflection over the lake.  I've got memories at that campground, some better than others, and I'm ready to relive them, if even for only one night.

Sure, it's not a ten day camping trip with swimming and boating and long walks.  It's more than that.  When I'm only there for one night, I value it more.  Knowing that you can't wake up in the morning and do it all again the next day makes you really live for what you're doing that night.  Sitting around the campfire, I'm not thinking of homework or school.  I've got no worries or regrets.  It's such a freeing feeling; doing what you love with your family.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Friday night will be great, too!  There's another home game, and we all know how much I love high school football.  I don't think I've been this ready for the weekend in a long time.  Two more days of school, then the freedom begins (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment