Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Late last night, I came to the shocking realization that I actually wouldn't mind jumping into fall.  Football season, hot chocolate, blue jeans and scarves, changing leaves, cozy nights, bonfires, hoodies, dark mornings, and crisp breezes actually don't sound that bad.  Sure, summer is great, but just thinking about wearing boots and eating Thanksgiving dinner makes me smile.  Not to mention Black Friday shopping, pumpkin pie, and chilly days.  Sure, school would be involved, but I'm missing my friends and am ready to start the year off fresh.

Freshman year was hard, I'll admit.  It's a big adjustment transitioning from middle to high school.  This year, I know what  I want and am ready to make things happen.  I have a new motivation.  This time last year, everything was so different.  But now, I'm ready.  I'm going to make this a great year, and I'm going to start today.  High school is the time of my life, and I'm going to do what I need to do to make it count.

I can't stay caught in these lazy summer days forever.  Sure, the warm summer breeze is nice while it lasts.  But August is almost here, and school is right around the corner.  It's time to get myself into a motivated mindset and take off.  I can't stop time, and the seasons are going to change.  I have to embrace them as they come, living in the moment.  Fall is about to set in, and strangely enough, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment