Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nothing Lasts Forever.

Found out today that this is going to be the first summer for as long as I can remember that I won't be camping and, as expected, I'm completely devastated.  I live for late summer nights beside the campfire, listening to tree frogs, roasting marshmallows, and not having a care in the world.  I live for long summer days at the lake, soaking up the sun, and embracing a summer that seems like its going to last forever.  I live for the smell of sunscreen, the sound of Jimmy Buffett, and a campground at night; the scent of campfire smoke and the bright lights from campsite to campsite.  I live for the sunburn, the lake feet, the feeling of freedom as the boat glides across the smooth evening lake.  I live for the 4th of July with my family, cooking hot dogs on the fire, flying our American flag with pride, and blasting country music.  I live for evening walks on the sand, jumping off docks in the cove, and people-watching at the pavilion.  I live for swimming with my dog while watching the sunset, taking pictures of the lake, and making the most of the best ten days of summer.  While these things mean nothing to a lot of people, they mean the world to me, and I can't imagine what summer is going to be like without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment