Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vacay Deets! [:

Happy to be home & ready to share some pictures.  Buttt, here's quick summary of events first [:

We arrived at my grandparents' house at around five o'clock on Friday night, which was spent at Relay for Life.  We cheered on my grandma as she walked the survivor lap and enjoyed walking around to the different booths & talking to other cancer patients and survivors.

On Saturday morning, we all woke up early to attend a memorial for my uncle, who was killed in a hit-and-run earlier this year.  After the short service at his graveside, we went back to my grandparents' house and enjoyed a nice luncheon with the entire family.  Saturday afternoon was spent at a surprise graduation party for my cousin, who had no clue about anything!

Saturday night, we drove to downtown Pittsburgh to visit my uncle.  We went to get sno-cones, took a quick walk around a local park with a cute pond, and sat on the porch listening to the cheers from PNC Park after a night game.  We stayed the night with him, and woke up early for church on Sunday morning.  After Mass, we ate a quick lunch and went to PNC Park to attend the Pirate game.  We played the Kansas City Royals and won, 2-3!  Go Bucks [:

After the pirate game, we drove about forty-five minutes to Butler to visit my uncle, aunt, and cousins.  We had a campfire and s'mores after a late-night trip to Wal-Mart.  Monday morning, we went shopping at a local mall and went to my cousin's roller hockey game before heading back to my aunt's house to spend the night.

Yesterday, my sisters and I went with two of our favorite cousins to the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium.  My favorite exhibit was the sea otters [:  Although the weather was hot, we had a few surprise sprinkles of rain, which helped to keep us cool.  Tuesday night was spent fishing with my grandpa [I was the only one who didn't catch a fish, haha] and eating BBQ that my uncle perfected.

We woke up early this morning [Wednesday] and headed home.  We left my aunt's house at around 6:00 AM and made it home a little after six this evening.  It usually only takes us about ten hours for the trip, but we stopped about six times on the way home to take pictures and collect brochures for a summer project for AP Human Geography.  One of my favorite stops, the New River Gorge in West Virginia, was a great place to stretch out and take in beautiful scenery [:

The best part of my vacation, however, was getting to cross several things off my bucket list!  Here's a comprehensive list:
  1. Do something illegal- Jaywalked in downtown Pittsburgh on the way home from the Pirate game; haha [:
  2. Take a late night Wal-Mart trip- Went with one of my favorite cousins, Michael, to get goggles for swimming.  It was more evening than late-night, but close enough [:
  3. Attend a professional league sporting event- The Pirate game [:
Finally, the photography!
The sunset in downtown Pittsburgh, captured in black & white.
\
The track at Relay for Life on Friday night [:
The beautiful PNC Park, which overlooks the Pittsburgh skyline,  celebrating another win! 
Katie & I catching reflections of the field at the Pirates game.
The sunset in Butler before an evening trip to Wal-Mart.
The sea otter exhibit at the zoo!
Cute little otterrr [: 
The beautiful New River Gorge in West Virgina.

All in all, this was a fabulous vacation [:  I can't wait to go back, be with my family, take pictures, and get a few more things off my bucket list.  I'll miss Pennsylvania, but I'll see it again in ten short days!  I can't wait [:

No comments:

Post a Comment